Disclaimer: I reviewed Athlinks as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”
After one of my races last year, I got an email asking me to claim my race results. I thought, what’s this? So, I clicked on it and it took me to the Athlinks website. Once there I created an account and to my surprise, Athlinks already had the results of several of my previous races. I did some weeding through the results as not all the results listed were mine. From what I can tell, when you run a chipped race the results automatically show up in Athlinks within a couple of days. Races that are not chipped will require you to upload your results manually.
Why would you want to use Athlinks?
- Well, I like that Athlinks keeps track of my personal record (PR) for each distance. I do a lot of races and I often forget what time I’m trying to beat. Athlinks keeps all this information together for me in one spot.
- It also shows me the upcoming races of my friends. It’s a reminder to cheer them on and encourage them to do their best.
- It’s free!
- If you’re really competitive, you can see who else is running the same race. If it’s a friend of yours, they will show up as a rival. Athlinks will keep track of your time and your friend’s time and keep a win or lose point system. You can see that RunStrongRun, a fellow BibRavePro ran the Hot Chocolate 15K with me in San Francisco and I have 1 loss to her. By clicking on the arrow on the bottom right, I am able to see the next screen which contains the exact time difference.I’ll undoubtedly have other races this year with RunStrongRun and I always reference back to our wins and losses by logging into Athlinks. She’s a better runner than I am, so it will probably mean more losses for me, but that’s okay.
Disclaimer: I received BibBoards to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews! All opinions are my own.
If you’re a runner, you’re very familiar with using safety pins to attach your bib to your shirt for a race. You also probably know that using pins means getting poked and puncturing multiple holes in your race shirt. I’ve tried other alternatives to pins, like magnets, and they just were too heavy and were a pain to put on correctly and to take off.
BibBoards makes it so much easier. They are made of plastic. I originally thought that it was too light to do much, but I was wrong. I recently tested them out on a 5K race with my husband. We were both wearing BibBoards. His had a 13.1 on it because we’re doing the runDisney Dark Side Half Marathon in April and mine say I love to Run. They have other designs to choose from and you can even customize your own design. So, if you have a run group or something similar and want to have your own custom BibBoards made, you can! I’ve been authorized to share with you promo code “#BibChat” for 20% off.
Check out my YouTube video below were Jim explains some tips on wearing BibBoards and what we learned from trying them out.
During my New Year’s Eve race in Fremont, I noticed that one of the racers had the word “streaker” printed on her bib. I asked her about it and then spent the next 20 minutes talking about it.
Brazen Racing has something that I think is unique. Runners that completes all the Brazen Racing races for the calendar year is named a streaker. This person gets a special number, a special t-shirt with the number, a framed case for all the medals won in the year and a special ceremony. The number the streaker is assigned is not given out again to another runner. Even if the runner only “streaks” for one year, they get to keep their number forever.
What’s the challenge?
- Well, Brazen Racing has 27 races scheduled for 2018. That’s a little over 2 races a month. In order to streak, you have to participate in all 27 races. This would be a show stopper for me. I travel a lot and I also participate in other races like Hot Chocolate, Rock N Roll, and runDisney, to name a few. Running just Brazen races would severely limit my racing calendar to just local races, which is fine for some people, but not for me.
- You can choose what distance you want to do. If you’re not ready for half or full marathons, that’s fine, just do the distance that meets your strengths and goals.
- All races are trail races and the elevation gain is significant in some of the races. If you’re not willing to do hilly runs, you’ll have a hard time getting to streak.
So, what do you think? Are you a streaker in the making?
Disclaimer: I received free entry to HC15KSF race as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
As of today, there are only 8 days left until the Hot Chocolate 15K in San Francisco. There is still time to register for the race. Keep in mind that the race benefits the Make a Wish Foundation. You can both have an impact on a child’s life and start the New Year with healthy exercise habits.
Click here to register. Use code”BRHCSF18″ for a bonus HC Cap!
Disclaimer: I received free entry to the Sedona Marathon race as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”
Sedona is one of those places that I’ve heard is so beautiful that I wanted to visit it one day. The red rock mountains in Sedona are just breathtaking.
When I was told of the opportunity to run it as a BibRave Pro, I jumped on the opportunity. I signed up to do the 10K. I have other BibRave Pros joining me for the marathon weekend, so I’m looking forward to meeting them and cheering them on.
Use code “18BibRave” for 20% off.
For the cost of registration, you get a t-shirt, medal, and Cliff Bar products at each of the aid stations.
I love technology. I was excited to hear that the Sedona Marathon uses a free app called Race Joy. It allows you to track yourself and other runners on the course and send either custom or generic cheers. Another feature is that it alerts you when the runner you are tracking is close by, so you can get ready for to take that perfect running photo.
I’ll be using the built-in race countdown to keep track of how many days I have until the race and to plan my daily workouts.
Join me in Sedona on February 3, 2018. I’ll be wearing my bright orange BibRave Pro shirt. Make sure to say hi.
I love meeting other runners. This is an up to date list of my upcoming races. Come join me on a run.
4/22/2018 runDisney Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon in Disney World, FL
5/19/2018 Blacklight Run San Jose
6/9/2018 Bubble Run San Jose
10/6 & 7 Rock ‘N’ Roll San Jose 5K & 10K
11/10 Rock N Roll Las Vegas 5K