Disclaimer: I received free entry to SV Half Race as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
While the race weekend is called Silicon Valley Half, it’s not just a half, there will be other distances as well, like a 5K and a 10K. It will be a weekend of epic fun, here’s the schedule:
Saturday: April 14th, 2018
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm: 5k Packet Pickup
- 2:30 – 7:30pm: 10k/Half Marathon Packet Pickup
- 3:00pm: Food Truck 5k Start
- 3:30pm – 7:30pm: Local Live Music & Local Food Trucks
- 4:15pm: Silicon Valley Kids Run
- 6:00pm: Sunset Yoga
- 7:30pm: Food Truck Music Festival Ends
Sunday, April 15th, 2018
- 6:30am – 7:45am: Gear Check open for 10k/Half Marathoners
- 8:00am: 10k/Half Marathon Start
- 8:00am – 1:00pm: Post-Race Festival Open
- 10:00am: 10k/Half Marathon Awards Ceremony
- 1:00pm: Post-Race Festival Ends
Some of my personal favorite events include the Sunset Yoga on Saturday and of course, the live music and food trucks! I love having a variety of food choices right there after the race. I somehow always manage to be starving after a run.
Can’t make it on race day? No, problem. There’s a virtual option. In fact, while my BibRavePro partner Catherine runs the Half on Sunday, I’ll be running it virtually. You can even use the promo code for the virtual race. Promo code BIBRAVE gives you 10% off.
What kind of race swag will you get if you run?
Half Marathoners Receive:
- Custom designed Runner’s Bag (pictured below)
- Quarter zip long sleeve tech shirt
- Finisher medal
10k & 5k Runners Receive:
- Long sleeve tech shirt
- Finisher medal