Disclaimer: I received free entry to Hot Chocolate 15K SF race as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”
Reasons for registering for this race:
- There’s chocolate! Not just hot chocolate, but also the candy kind. The race has sweet stations with marshmallows, chocolate chips, & M&M’s. Love chocolate? [ctt template=”4″ link=”8asf2″ via=”yes” ]Register for the sweetest race with code “BRHCSF18” to get a free cap![/ctt]
- The medal. It looks like a full-size chocolate bar with a piece bitten off of it. Each Hot Chocolate race city has it’s own specific key charm. The San Francisco one is, of course, a trolley.
- I had seen photos of the after race goodies and shirts and I had made a mental note that I had to try a Hot Chocolate race in 2018. The nearest one to me is San Francisco.
- Photos are free! How many times have you worked hard at a race, just to find out that you have to pay some ridiculous $20 or $25 a photo?! Not with Hot Chocolate races. You can easily download the photos from the website, share them on social media with their built-in tools, and they even have a race frame added to the image so you can show off that you were really there!
- I’m doing the Star Wars Dark Side runDisney Half Marathon in April and this race is good training in preparation for that race.
- Goodie bag. You get a long-sleeve running shirt with a built-in front pocket for your phone, earphones, money, etc.
- Post-race snacks. Hot Chocolate races hand out these really cool jumbo cups that are filled with hot chocolate and dipping goodies. I’ve seen enough of those cups online to want one for myself!