How do you virtually race?
Was the first thing my husband said when I suggested we sign-up for runDisney’s Virtual Running Shorts. Like him, I’m sure many other people wonder the same thing, so I thought I would share some information.
- Some people would like to complete a runDisney race, but are unable to attend Disney World or Disneyland during the year. Instead of missing out on all the fun, you can complete a Virtual Running Shorts race. The track is whatever you want it to be. It can be a trail you do all the time or a new one, uphill or by the shore. You’re choice!
- There are also the runners that are on a quest to collect as many medals as they can and this gives those people, one more opportunity.
- The races are Pluto themed, so if you have a dog that you exercise with you can bring it along.
What you need to do:
1. Sign-up for the Virtual Running Shorts race or races that you’re interested in doing at runDisney. Here’s the link.
2. There are 3 races, one in June, July, and one in August. You can do one, two or all three. If you complete all 3, you get an additional medal for completing the Virtual Running Shorts Series.
3. You’re given a month to complete the race. For example, for July, you have from July 1-30 to complete the race.
4. Once you’ve completed your race, you go online and submit your time to the following link.
5. You’ll have up to a year to download your certificate of completion.
6. In August, you will receive your medals in the mail.
7. You’re encouraged to post pics and share your experiences on Twitter using #runDisneyShorts