Who said you can’t play with your food? Natural gummies are a good way to have kids eat more fruits. If you have a fruit tree at home and you are wondering what else to do with the fruit, this is a good use for it.
There are so many unhealthy dyes and ingredients in foods these days, that making your own treats ensures that you know what went into them.
- Wash the fruit and place it in a blender. I used my Ninja instead.
- Using a measuring cup, pour 2/3 cup of the fruit puree into a mixing bowl.
- Add 3 envelopes of unflavored gelatin and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Microwave the bowl for 30 seconds.
- Carefully fill in the mold cavities using the mixture.
- Once you have emptied out all the mixture, place the molds in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or until firm.
Storing the leftovers:
Put any remaining gummies in a plastic bag and place them in the refrigerator. This will help preserve them better.