Follow your desired donut recipe. I don’t fry my donuts.
2 cups of flour
3/4 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs beaten
2 tablespoons melted butter
Spray the donut pan with cooking spray. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Fill each pan cavity 2/3 full. Bake for 7- minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before taking them out. Makes 12 donuts.
- Red fondant
- White fondant
- White Candy Melts
- Pink, yellow, and black food coloring
- Melt white chocolate Candy Melts in two microwavable bowls.
- Add yellow food coloring to one of the bowls.
- Dip half of the donuts in the white chocolate and the other half in the yellow. Shake each donut after dunking to ensure that you get an even coating.
- Cut a portion of the red fondant out of the container and flatten out with a small roller. Using a knife, carefully cut out the shape of the crest. Attach the crest to the top of the yellow-coated donut.
- Pull out a portion of the white fondant. Flatten it out and shape it into the ears and snout. The nose looks like an upside down heart.
- Using pink food coloring and a little of the white chocolate paint the inside of the ears and snout.
- Cut out two small pieces of the white fondant for Pua’s beauty marks.
- Make grey paint by adding a small drop of black in with a little of the white chocolate. Use it to paint Pua’s beauty marks and to put two drops as the nostrils.