Celebrating your wedding on a cruise is a good way to save money, have fun, and not have to spend energy worrying about every little detail. You can choose from getting married on board the ship while at sea, while docked at port, or on land at one of the ship’s destinations. Your wedding becomes not just a special event for you, but also a great holiday or vacation for your wedding party.
How you save money on the big day:
- The average on land traditional wedding costs $30,000. The average cruise wedding costs $7,000.
- Multiple places on board to host your wedding events: cocktail party, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, after party, etc.
- One stop shop. Everything handled in one place: flowers, ceremony, wedding licenses, events, food, photographer, spa appointments, etc.
- A designated on board wedding coordinator to help you plan the big day.
- Lots of wedding photo opportunities both on board and on shore.
- You know you have a quality location, venue, food, and entertainment.
- The wedding turns seamlessly from wedding to honeymoon while only having to unpack once.
- Some ships have on board honeymoon registries. Instead of carrying heavy gifts on board, guests can buy shore excursions, spa treatments, and specialty dining experiences.
Some sample wedding itineraries: